Today I attend the Mobile Developer Summit in NIMHANS conventional center,Bangalore. This event was very well organized and was information filled. Mainly I liked two session of scott davis – One Web Many Screens , Mobile OSes : More than Android & iOS. I would write a post with collective of those two.
Here are key take away from the sessions :
- Today users access you web app with many devices , hence one web & many screens . Giving the same user experience through out the device is challenging.
- Apps must save it’s state on a device for every user and resume back to the same state when switched between the devices
- Apps must eventually learn it’s user behavior & get automated based on the same.
- Apps can use GPS for location based automation
- Apps must give instant activity updates across the device, across the OS, across the browser.
- These days web has become a collection of different pieces which are loosely coupled.
- Mobile devices can be integrated with other day-to-day machines like car.In fact car may be seen as a extension of mobile.
- By next year the mobile OS spectrum may include few more OS like Tizen, Firefox OS, Ubuntu Touch etc
- Big companies are trying to take a pie of mobile market .However the approach may be different – Market Share or Profitability
- Mobile OS , Mobile Hardware & Apps store are 3 elements of a mobile industry. Owning all of them by a single provider gives more control & market share. Hence Google , Apple , Samsung , Amazon are aiming at it.
I have just covered the major points of the whole talk. I would write more about them some times later.
That’s being said….I like the way scott gives the presentation. Good and engaging…